The problem of mold and mildew is the topic of the day. People residing in the humid subtropical area suffer from mold issues quite. Molds, mildews and other fungus need damp weather conditions to live and reproduce. Humid areas provide the best conditions naturally.

Flood is another natural phenomenon that leads to a serious mold issue. When floodwater enters into homes, indoor locations end up being wet and molds and mildews get the ideal condition for life.

Water damage, leaking roofings, fractures on the walls through which rainwater can penetrate, overflow of cooking area sink and wetness in restroom and basement are the main factors behind indoor mold growth. Mold spores are everywhere; they float around with air current. As quickly as they get the ideal conditions, they start to sporulate and colonize.

How much hazardous are they? Are they health dangerous at all? Do all species of fungi posture health risks? Let’s find answers to all the questions one by one.

Molds might result in allergic reactions in humans. Coughing and wheezing, stuffy or runny nose, watery and red eyes, itching of throat, sneezing, skin rashes and dermatitis, breathing issue, headache and tiredness are the most common symptoms of direct exposure to molds. In some cases, fever and flu-like symptoms are also observed in infected people.

The condition may intensify in case of direct exposure to poisonous black mold. Black molds produce contaminants that are very much harmful to health. Black molds produce mycotoxins as a metabolic by-product. Direct exposure to mycotoxins results in diarrhea, high fever, and illness.

For that reason never disregard mold developments inside your home. It can be black mold. Conduct mold testing and inspection before you use mold cleaning items for mold removal. Mold testing yields the value of mold spore and airborne hyphal part concentration in your house. Generally, molds are present everywhere; chances are whenever you carry out mold testing in your house, it will show traces of molds. However high spore count is not preferred, though there is still no guideline on what must be the safe mold spore concentration.

Essentially it depends upon the body immune system of individuals. A certain quantity of mold spore might be hazardous for one, whereas, it may not affect another person. That is why it is rather difficult to set a mark as safe mold spore concentration.

People with weak immune system might deal with severe illness consisting of heavy breathing trouble, high fever, bleeding in lungs, headache and more severe troubles.

There are innumerable types of fungi, not all of them have been determined yet. Some members of the fungi class are health dangerous just; not all. Stachybotrys chartarum and Stachybotrys atra produce toxic substances and position high health dangers.

Mold removal is the only way to remove molds and mildews when they nest in your house. There is no point in sharing space with these unhealthy organisms. They are not just responsible for different allergic reactions, however, they damage your home too.

While cleaning up mold, take sufficient precautions. As you are going to disrupt the mold colony, hyphal parts and mold spores would get aerosolized. For this reason, you need to wear masks, safety glasses, gloves, and cleansing matches to avoid cleaning time direct exposure.

By using organic cleaning items you minimize illness. Unlike acids or bleaches, organic items do not include any harmful chemicals and devoid of negative effects.

Comments are closed.

Post Navigation